veryvaried

yeah...that's me

Name:
Location: Tremonton, Utah

I am an eternal procrastinator. My moto is...why do today what can be put off until tomorrow. I have been married for 16 years and I have three absolutely adorable children. I've discovered what I wanted to be when I grow up and I love doing it. What they say is true, if you love what you do you won't work another day in your life.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

So, here it is, the birthday of the sis which we love. She turns 29 today, just one more year and you'll be as old as me. You are a brilliant, brave, hilarious, honest, and yes you are even beautiful.

A person might ask, how much does it cost to have such a wonderful, all in one package of a woman in ones life? Well first, you must be honest and willing to share that honesty. Second, you have to appreciate her humor, which is unending. I often tell her she would have done well in life as a stand up comic because she always keeps me laughing. You must love and at the same time put up with her kids. As depicted above and in her own blog, she is an amazing mom. You must have a patience level which unending because, as visualized in the picture below, she obviously possesses this important motherly trait.
Sis, you are in so many ways my hero! As I sit here writing this inadequate tribute to you I am flooded with memories of the times you saved my ass. Remember that time in high school when I lied to the guy I was dating. I told him I was 18 and even gave him a bogus birthday (which happened to be the same as our mother's, the day not the year). You backed me up and didn't divulge my secret. Or when I was in labor with my last child and you were the first to arrive at the hospital, you took it quite well when I screamed at you to get out. Of course you took a little too much pleasure in returning the favor while you were laboring with your first. Or the times when my marriage was seriously falling apart and you were there to help boost me, I am forever in debt to you for love you offered me in my time of greatest need. Or the time when I was convinced my world had just ended because the dream I had of going to a certain college had just crashed down around me when they told me they wanted $25,000 of my own money, and you encouraged me to continue searching. Because of the encouragement I am now in the career of my dreams. You have always been there just when I needed you most with unwavering love and compassion. You, sis, are the closest and best friend I've ever had and I miss you daily. Although you aren't nearly as innocent as the following picture depicts, you are still just as sweet and adorable. Enjoy your 29th, "butch", it's the last year you can refer to yourself as twenty something.
As a special token please visit her blog and wish her the happiest birthday ever! http://www.issheinacoma.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

that was a very moving tribute...on my way to say happy birthday :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I made you cry? good, my life is complete. For the record I shed more than a few tears as I wrote it. Yes you are a horribly mean and spiteful sister, but I love you anyhow and you are also all the things I said about you in the post. Thanks mom for emailing me those pics, they made the post much more meaningful.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

it's time for another post so these pictures can go away.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home