veryvaried

yeah...that's me

Name:
Location: Tremonton, Utah

I am an eternal procrastinator. My moto is...why do today what can be put off until tomorrow. I have been married for 16 years and I have three absolutely adorable children. I've discovered what I wanted to be when I grow up and I love doing it. What they say is true, if you love what you do you won't work another day in your life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

For the record.....I'm not dead!

Things have been so nuts for so long, I don't even know where to begin. In fact, the only reason I'm writing this morning is because I happened to wake up extra early (a rare occurrence I promise). So, update time....

I've turned over a new leaf. Well, at least I've tipped it up so that I can see the other side of the leaf to decide if I like it or not. Really, I've started exercising (gym membership and all) and eating better (honestly I have fruits, veggies, yogurt, and fish in my fridge). You see....I, along with my research team, have been accepted to present my undergraduate research at the National Convention for Undergraduate Research in Asheville, NC in April. The only problem is I didn't want to haul my fat ass to NC. So, I've decided to leave my fat ass here in Utah and just take the rest of me. If I had known what a chore it was going to be I probably wouldn't have started, but here I am, smack dab in the middle of an all out fitness program. Wish me luck!

So, about the research...I won't bore you with all the scientific details, I will just say that hopefully in a few weeks we can give pediatric docs a new test they can run on kids to determine if they have an infection. Cool Huh!

Anyhoo, on with the updates. School is crazy this semester. I have 18 credit hours plus the research and I can hardly keep up. The kids are cruising right along in their lives. All three are in the school play (which unfortunately I won't get to see because I'll be in NC, guess hubby will have to tape it). Speaking of hubby, he is peaking under the leaf with me, but he isn't buying it quite as much as I am. Work is also crazy, what with Flu, RSV, and any other nasty bug you can think of. The hospital has decided to obtain a Level 4 Trauma Center and I've been asked to be the lab coordinator for that. Again, if I had known what a chore it was going to be....but kidding aside, it is a great opportunity for me and I am enjoying the work.

OK, more later, now I'm off to get kids ready for school, get my own fat (but not nearly as fat as it was a couple weeks ago) ass off to school, and then off to work, and then on call, and somewhere in the middle homework, and making dinner, and chasing kids to practices, and... you know all that jazz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home